Take your opportunity to vote for The Hague. Vote VVD!
The Hague is a great place to live! The capital of international peace and justice. Excellent facilities and a safe place to work and to enjoy leisure time with your family. Are you aware of the upcoming municipal elections? On March 19, the citizens of The Hague will elect their new municipal council and it is likely you have the right to vote too! Use your democratic right and vote VVD!
VVD in The Hague stands for:
- VVD wants public transport services that run more frequently in the international zone and to international schools. VVD continues to invest in 5,000 extra parking spots for cars, but we also we want to create more parking places for bicycles in the city centre as well as safe bike lanes.
- We are also creating a city for professionals, VVD wants to improve opportunities for visitors and residents to enjoy their free time, by:
– attracting more quality shops to the city centre
– organising more cultural activities
– investing significantly in the Scheveningen seaside – for example a new ‘Pier’
– simplifying procedures to extend opening hours of cafe and restaurant terraces
Healthy public finances.
- The economy is one of VVD’s key priorities. The city of The Hague is in excellent financial shape, thanks to VVD. At the same time, VVD lowered local taxes. A small and efficient municipal administration with low local taxes is what keeps our city attractive for residents and businesses. The Hague municipal taxes, like the property tax (OZB), are the second lowest in the Netherlands. This is the result of many years of our consistent low-tax policies.
Better public transport to Rotterdam-The Hague Airport through a direct rail connection.